Hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend and looking forward to the Bank Holiday! Today I have a super simple cupcake recipe which not only tastes great but is also really quick to whip together with a little help from Betty Crocker. Lets get straight into what you will will need..
- Betty Crocker Classic Vanilla Cake Mix
- 60ml Vegetable oil (4 Tablespoons) I substituted this for coconut oil
- 180ml Water
- 3 Medium Free Range Eggs
- 1 Tub of Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing
- Maple Syrup
- Mini Chocolate Eggs
- Mini Twirl Chocolate Bars
- Cupcake Cases
- Cupcake Tray
- Cooling Rack
- Icing Piping Bag
“Only 3 steps to cake heaven”
Preheat your oven to 180 Degrees or gas Mark 4
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together and whisk (by hand or electric mixer) for 2 to 3 Minuets until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into the cupcake cases. Remember that this mix is intended for a cake such as a Victoria Sponge so the texture is a little more dense and it will rise in the oven so leave room for icing.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for between 22-27 minuets or until a toothpick is inserted into the centre of the cupcake and it comes out clean, then cool on a wire rack. (I baked this batch for a little over 20 minutes)
- Next make your icing by simply mixing the Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream style icing and add a dollop of Maple syrup. Then using an Piping bag (No worries if you don’t have one a ziplock bag or a spoon will do just fine) swirl around the top of each cupcake starting on the outside and working your way inwards. Lastly Decorate with Mini eggs and a sprinkle of your favourite grated chocolate, I used Mini Twirls.
Hope your Easter brings you much joy!
You may need to pop the cupcakes in the fridge to set the icing or even better store the icing in the fridge beforehand so its easier to control and not as runny.